Porcelain Veneers Pleasantville & Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Repair Your Crooked and Chipped Teeth
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a thin, semi-translucent laminate that is permanently bonded to your teeth.
Reasons for porcelain veneers:
- Cosmetically, to create a uniform, white, beautiful smile.
- Crooked teeth.
- Misshapen teeth.
- Severely discolored or stained teeth that can’t be bleached, washed out fillings
- Teeth that are too small or large.
- Diastemas (spaces between teeth)
- Worn or chipped teeth.
What does getting porcelain veneers involve?
At the first appointment with Dr. Mendelsohn or Dr. Zhang, the teeth are prepared for the dental veneers and an impression is taken. This impression is sent to a lab where each porcelain veneer is custom made to the doctor’s specifications. Beautiful temporaries (temporary dental veneers) are fabricated to simulate your new smile so you can expect to leave the first appointment looking better than when you came in. At the second appointment, your new porcelain veneers are permanently adhered to the natural teeth.
Advantages and Benefits of Dental Veneers
There are many benefits and advantages to having porcelain veneers placed on your front teeth:
- The procedure of placing cosmetic veneers only takes two appointments
- A conservative amount of tooth structure is removed during the procedure.
- Porcelain veneers are the most biocompatible material you can use next to your gingiva (that part of the gum tissue thatsurrounds the teeth and alveolar bone.
- A healthy “natural” look is accomplished; porcelain veneers are the most aesthetic restoration in dentistry.
How Cosmetic Veneers are different from Bonding or Dental Crowns
Bonding is a resin filling material that was used for several years to cover the front surface of teeth. Today, we usually use bonding only to fill in small surfaces or cavities and repair chips in teeth. A full dental crown is when a tooth has had root canal or when a substantial amount of the entire tooth structure (enamel) has been lost. Cosmetic veneers can be placed on teeth to create a natural and beautiful smile.
What to expect with Dental Veneers
Veneers can last indefinitely, depending on how well they are taken care of by the patient. Because porcelain veneers are stronger than simple bonding, they are also more resistant to stains and chipping. However, you still must maintain regular oral hygiene at home and visit Mainland Dental for routine professional cleanings and exams. Oral habits that damage natural teeth such as nail biting, opening bobby pins with your teeth and chewing on hard objects can also damage dental veneers. Once porcelain veneers are applied, treat them like your natural teeth. Dr. Ethan Zhang has extensive experience placing beautiful cosmetic veneers.