“Heavens! Does My Breath Offend?”
- Posted on: Dec 10 2019
Many of us have a case of it when we wake up — morning breath. But for some, morning breath sticks around all day, every day. They suffer from halitosis, or bad breath, which can take a toll on one’s self-confidence and social life.
Bad breath is typically the result of poor dental hygiene — not brushing regularly or not brushing correctly, such that food particles get stuck in the teeth, allowing bacteria to throw and odors to thrive. At the office of Mainland Dental Associates, we want all of our patients to have healthy teeth and fresh breath, so we offer you these tips to keep you feeling confident: At the office of [[BUSINESS-NAME]], we care about the oral health of all our patients and offer these tips to help keep your breath smelling fresh — and you feeling confident!
- Brush and floss regularly: Do it at least twice each day. Brush after each meal to remove the food particles that can taint your breath.
- Mouthwash is the finishing touch: Rinse your mouth a mouthwash to remove any leftover debris.
- Drink up: Halitosis is a common symptom of dry mouth — where you mouth doesn’t have enough saliva to wash away food particles and bacteria. So stay hydrated!
- Avoid certain foods and drinks: Things such as garlic, coffee, onions, and alcohol can make your breath smell.
- Stop smoking: Foul-smelling smoke particles linger in the mouth, throat, and lungs long after you stub out a cigarette, which creates a stale aroma.
- See Your Dentist Regularly: Bad breath can also be a symptom of poor oral health. That’s why regular checkups are so important — to address potential problems before they develop into real ones.
The state-of-the-art offices at Mainland Dental Associates consistently offer the highest quality of skilled and compassionate care. Our professionals pride themselves on handling all aspects of family dentistry with the utmost skill and care. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call today.
Posted in: Cosmetic Dentistry