Your Smile Makeover Can Extend Beyond Your Teeth
- Posted on: Mar 15 2018
A smile makeover may only involve teeth whitening or the placement of a few porcelain veneers, but the outcome of meticulous treatment is usually dramatic. When you think of your appearance and how it relates to your smile, you might consider the value of the treatments we’ve mentioned. What you may not know is that, in our Pleasantville and Atlantic City offices, we can do even more to bring out your inner beauty.
How Lip Enhancement Can Give You a Boost
Not all of us are born with full, attractive lips. Even those who are often express dissatisfaction with the way aging has diminished plumpness and shape. These are just two of the reasons why lip enhancement with dermal fillers and Botox has become one of the leading cosmetic treatments today.
Some of the ways that injectables can improve the appearance of the mouth include:
- Diminishing the appearance of fine lines around the lips.
- Adding volume to the lips, which can create the illusion of a larger upper lip.
- Decreasing the “gumminess” of the smile.
- Correcting downturned corners of the mouth.
- Filling creases between the nose and mouth, or the mouth and chin.
The lips are the framework for a beautiful smile, and the mouth as a whole is a reflection of age and personality. For example, downturned corners or marionette lines can make a person appear older and less friendly than they are.
Getting Optimal Results
Lip enhancement is a temporary (and potentially reversible) treatment that restores a more youthful aesthetic for up to 12 months. Even though the effects of fillers diminish over time, it is ideal to love the results of your treatment from the get-go. Suggestions for satisfying results include:
- Be clear about what you want. Are you after more fullness or slight plumping? Is it the lines around your mouth that bother you, or the deflated appearance of your lips? Knowing exactly what it is that you’d like to correct can set you in the direction of great results.
- Do you. There are tons of images of celebrities and influencers online showing off oversized lips. Maybe the fullness of the lips on another person’s face looks great; that doesn’t mean the same amount of filling will look good on you. The goal of lip enhancement is to bring your lips to the forefront without overpowering other facial features.
We serve Pleasantville, Egg Harbor Township, and surrounding areas with friendly, professional care. Call an office near you to schedule a visit.